4171 LM BUILDING POLICIES
SMARTLOCKS (MAIN DOOR)
The Schlage smartlock located at the front entrance of the door, auto locks after 4 minutes.
If someone forget to lock, door will remain secure.
SMARTLOCKS (INSIDE OFFICE)
- Enter keycode (XXXX) followed by pressing the check mark
- Wait for the lock to disengage
- Close the door
- Auto-locks after 4 seconds
If you have any issues with accessing smartlocks or if you begin noticing a red or amber LED indicating a low battery condition, please submit an INNAGO ticket and we will have batteries replaced.
CONFERENCE ROOM POLICY
Note: Please make sure the conference room is reset after usage for the next person to use. See items below:
- Change status that conference room is in use
- RED – meeting started
- GREEN – meeting over
- Reset chairs back into its original position
- Total of nine chairs at each conference room
- Place TV remote in the center of the table
- Turn off TV after meeting is completed
- Reset HDMI cable back in the original position
- Clean-up where you messed up
- Food and drinks
- Use a coaster or paper towel for cold/hot drinks to protect table top
- Turn off lights at the end of your meeting
- Close door after meeting is completed
- Carry all your personal items with you after meeting is completed
- Report any issues to me if something is not working correctly
RESPONDING TO STRANGERS IN THE PARKING LOT
What to do:
- Keep your doors locked
- If person does not appear to be a threat, listen to them
- Advise them to contact property manager (ME) if they need assistance
- If you feel threaten, call 911
- Use wise judgment
- Ignore them and proceed to your destination
- Report stranger encounters or events to the property management (ME), we will take action
What not do:
- Provide too much information
- Invite them in your office or in the building
- Loan them money
Take notice to any stranger and what vehicles they are driving. Look for red flags. Do they have a vehicle or are they a pedestrian? Do they have a current registered car tag? Are they alone or with somebody else? Please practice basic common sense. All buildings follow a 24×7 locked door policy. If issue elevates to a physical or verbal altercation, contact the police at 911.
LATE RENT PAYMENTS
Paid via electronic payments or checks. Rent payment are due on the 1st of the month and late on the 6th
of the month.
- $50 dollar fee after the 5th day of the month.
- Additional fee is accrued $15 each day until full payment is made.
If you are paying via check or money order, your payment need to be received in my office before the 5th day of the month. If not, payment is considered late even if check is post-dated.
- (Exceptions)- on holidays, payments are accepted on the next business day and will not be considered late
Excessive late rent payments that have occurred on more than two occasions can result in the following:
- an eviction
- lease not renewed
- slow payment being reported to the credit bureau
I would encourage those to schedule payment via the INNAGO management app. Let me know if you need assistance with this.
HANDICAP PARKING SPACES
Handicap parking spaces are reserve space to those that have a handicap parking sticker. Sticker should be visible on the dashboard. If you do not have a permit, do not park in the space please. There are tenants and their customers that need access to these spaces.
BOOKING CONFERENCE ROOM OR MEETING SPACE
See below link for booking conference room or shared meeting space. Reminder to submit request 24 hours before meeting takes place:
Once meeting request is approved, a keycode to the conference room will be provided.
GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING RULES
This communication is for new tenants that are on-boarding and a refresher for existing tenants. See below some good housekeeping rules we want to keep in mind:
- Door is to be locked after 5PM on the weekends as well as week days
- Last person to leave is responsible for securing the building
- Includes turning off foyer, hallway, bathrooms and kitchen lights
- If you have a client coming in after 5PM while the doors are locked, have them to text you or call when they are out front door then you can open door
- Do not share key code PIN # with anyone unless they are listed on the lease
- Cameras will be used to monitor outside and inside the facility per security
- If you notice any suspect activity, please let me know or dial 911 to dispatch the police if this is an emergency
- Conference room access is only for those who have submitted a request and date is marked on the calendar
- Your clients should not be sitting or waiting in the conference room area
- Internet policy
- No visiting sites that are in-appropriate or contains malware
- Service is complimentary and want to avoid abuse
- Such sites take up a lot of bandwidth and slows down the network
- Printer/copier access
- The rental office stocks paper for coping and printing services
- Please do not take paper for personal use
- If kids need access to use the restroom, make sure an adult accompanies the child
- Please do not put any paper products in the urinals
- No alcohol or smoking on or around premises
- Keep music at a low level so we can respect each other’s privacy
- Rule of thumb: If you can hear music from the foyer area, your music is too loud
- Each tenant (co-workers) responsible for managing their own customers and informing them to follow the building policies
- The kitchen area and private bathroom is reserved only for tenants. Your clients should not be in this area.
FRONT DOOR ACCESS
Just a friendly reminder that only the person or persons on the lease should have access to the facility. If a co-worker or spouse is not on the lease, that person should not be accessing the facility.
Access codes are not to be shared. If you have a co-worker that need priviledge to enter the facility, let me know so I am aware of the individual and I can add their name to the lease agreement.
OUTSIDE YARD SIGNAGE
If you would like to promote your business using promotional signs see below policies:
- Communicate with the rental office first before placing any signage standardization
- The rental office reserves the front entrance for marketing/promoting of office spaces.
- No tenant signs allowed at any location.
- Signs can be positioned directly inside of the space you are renting.
- In-processing New Tenants
- Introduction Welcome to Woodmere Executive Suites
- Sign the lease agreement
- Collect the deposit and the first month’s rent
- Discuss monthly payment done via direct draft via ACH
Electronic, cash-app, or INNAGO
- Perform walkthrough of office
- Review office policies and guidelines
- Issue building access keys/code
- Issue pin # for entry into main door
- Issue keys to tenant
- Train on how to access front door
- Locking door after business hours
- Review internet and network usage policies
- Printer – Issue code for using kitchen printer/scanner
- Discuss network access policies
- Provide wifi password
- LINK HERE
- Add email address to Tenant email distribution group for communications
- Send out new tenant introduction email to ALL
- Order tenant items
- Request customer name to be printed on signs
- Door nameplates will be added 3-5 business days
- 2×8 nameplate
- Name on sign be added 7-10 business days
- 75×12 sticker
- Submitting maintenance request
- Use INNAGO to log any maintenance request
- Update office directory
- COVID protocol?
- Renter insurance
- Proof of Business license
- Building shared temperature settings
MAINTENANCE REQUEST PROCESS
Just a quick walk-through on how maintenance requests are processed:
- Tenant logs new maintenance request.
- Rental office review maintenance request.
- Dispatch contractor.
- Coordinate arrival time.
- Notify tenant when contractor comes onsite 24 hours in advance. If emergent, may not receive notification.
- Contractor makes the necessary repairs.
- Rental office verify work is completed.
- Update maintenance request with the repair details.
- Close maintenance request.
CONNECTING SMART DEVICES IN YOUR OFFICE
SMART electronics also known as iOT (internet-of-things) which can range in various forms of a digital smart TV, thermostat, radio, speaker, doorbell, electrical plugs, door locks, and etc.
Devices can provide multiple benefits such as power savings and convenience. They can also create new computer security risk exposures due to vulnerable iOT devices connecting to the wireless network.
If you have a request to use a smart device, please let me know before you purchase so I can verify that the device does not cause any service issues to the building wifi network. All iOT devices should be connected to the GUEST wifi network.
VEHICLES LEFT OVERNIGHT
Any tenant vehicles (cars/vans) that need to be left overnight, please provide proper notification to avoid vehicle from being towed. I am fine with leaving vehicle if you need to go out of town or for maintenance reasons. Just drop me email or call/txt me. There is one tenant that have the approval to leave his service vehicle overnight is the Carpet Cleaner located at Woodmere Executive Suites. I have an active lease with him to use reserved spaces. Other locations, there is no active leases. Unidentified, non-tenant vehicles parked overnight will be towed at the owner’s expense.
WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS PASSWORD
See below general internet policy:
- Wireless key should not to be shared with your customers; used for business owners only
- Will be changed periodically
- Please avoid visiting non-business related sites that can increase exposure to viruses and malware
- Filters will be implemented if need be per user
- Access will be removed if abuse is detected
<LINK TO WIRELESS PASSWORDS FOR BUILDINGS>
REFRIGERATOR USE POLICY
See below some general use policies:
- Should be used by tenants only
- Your customers/clients should not be accessing
- Be considerate of our neighbors
- We are **NOT** to take anything that does not belong to us
- Try to remove food/drink items that may have an expiration periodically
- If not, management will remove and trash
- Clean inside refrigerator every 30 days or on an as needed basis
KITCHEN COFFEE POTS
If you want to have coffee, make it at your home and place inside office. There should be no coffee makers brought on-premise or left on-premise in the kitchen area.
This applies to all internal and external tenants. Not only does this create a mess in the kitchen, but this also increases the chances of a plumbing maintenance repair to unclog the sink.
THRU-THE-WALL AC UNITs
For those who have TTW ac units, tenants are to share in the general maintenance of the unit which includes:
- Periodically cleaning of the AC filters.
- Reach out to me if you need assistance on this.
- Turn on and off the unit at the end of the day when you are not in.
- The unit is not to be used as a refrigerator in keeping items cooled 24×7. Due to rising utility cost, please ensure AC units are turned off daily. Report issues ahead of time If AC unit is not heating or cooling, please submit an INNAGO ticket in advance.
If you are printing to a network printer connected via wireless, making you aware that other tenants will be able to browse and print directly to your printer.
Sometimes this happens when printers are similar in make or model. To avoid this, I would recommend the following:
- Attaching an USB cable directly to your PC and removing the wifi connection on the printer
- Renaming the printer name and adding a description for ease of identification when listed under the available printers directory
VACCUUM CLEANER USAGE
- Empty out dirt between each cleaning
- Place back on mount in between use
- Handle with care do not abuse
- Connect back to power source in between use
- If issues occur where dirt is slipping out, keep powered on until excess dirt/debris is collected
- Hitting against furniture or walls when vacuuming
- Mishandling device by bumping or tugging
- Allow customers or clients use for their personal reasons
- Use outside of office; used inside your office space only
- Vacuum large items or debris that may block suction
- I’ve attached the manual for your review. If you have any questions, let me know.
INNER OFFICE MOVES
Friendly reminder for those who recently moved to a different office space internally, to reach out to the USPS located off the Eastern Blvd to submit a change-of-address. If not, mail from your old office space maybe returned to sender. I provide the USPS courier with a list of active businesses here and he will route to new location on some occasions. On other occasions if it is a different courier, they will send mail back.
SECURITY DEPOSIT FAQ
I wanted to socialize out the rental deposit policy see below:
- If the full lease terms are not completed, the deposit is not refunded.
- Tenant is also subject to repay remaining months left in the lease if an early exit of lease terms is requested.
- Reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Rental deposit will be refunded and sent after 30 days when the tenant have moved out.
- The amount refunded is subject to a post-inspection of the office space.
- The deposit can be withheld for repairs/damages/administrative costs see below:
|Repair holes in wall
|Re-paint entire room
|Re-paint half of room
|Re-make lost office key
|Re-make lost mail key
|Clean out office
|Past late fees
Please make sure you socialize out to your staff that any side EXIT doors should not be used on a daily basis. Side door usage should be for taking out the trash or for new tenants moving in. A recent incident occurred where the exit door was left unlocked. This is a big security issue. The main door is the only door to be used for daily access.
Printer is now online and operational. When adding a new printer to your PC/MAC, reference the device mappings below:
Suite A and B tenants you guys have access to use the business printer/copier located in Suite D/E. The key code is 1234.
SETTING UP INNAGO AUTO-PAYMENT FEATURE
By default, INNAGO do not auto draft payments unless this option is configured. To do so, see instructions below:
- Log in to my.innago.com
- On the left, click on “Settings” and select “Auto Pay”
- Click the switch at the top and set whether it be “Bank Account” or “debit/credit”
- Set the amount and date to be withdrawn.
- Click Save.
We have no smoking policy in and round facility. If you need to smoke, do it in your car.
DIGITAL THERMOSTAT SETTINGS
There are 5x thermostats throughout the building. The thermostat are configured by a schedule. Temperatures are programmed according to a collective agreed upon temperature.
|4171 Lomac St
|8am – 5pm
|4171 Lomac St
|8am – 5pm
|4171 Lomac St
|8am – 5pm
|4171 Lomac St
|8am – 5pm
|4171 Lomac St
|8am – 5pm
Since this is a shared heating/cooling system, we are going to try to set the temperature to a setting that will keep the building to run efficiently.
f you have trash empty in the following areas:
- Foyer – main trash can
- Suite D/E – kitchen trash can
- Suite A – kitchen trash can
If you have large boxes, take to the red dumpster which is picked up on Tuesdays.
The office common areas are cleaned according to the below schedule:
Common areas include all restrooms, hallways, and foyer.
INSIDE DOOR ACCESS
Please do not place door in passage mode where anybody can open/close the door. See screenshot below. The door thumb lock should remain in a left-right position at all times for entry into Suite D/E and Suite B. This is for protection of the tenant, your clients and to maintain secure access. Working on a security policy for Suite B so stay tuned.
If you are moving things in and out, it is ok temporarily to use passage mode but remember to set it back into the locked position where a key code have to be entered. If you have any questions, please let me know.
SUITE D/E ENTRANCE DOOR KEY CODE
I set a general key code for all tenants to access Suite D/E. As more tenants, makes it easier to manage one access code. See below:
Ensure door is closed when entering and upon exit. Code is subject to change.
Do not share with your clients/customers for access at any given time.
SUITE A ENTRANCE DOOR KEY CODE
This is a general key code for all tenants to access Suite A. See below:
Ensure door is closed when entering and upon exit. Code subject to change.
For those who want to hang pictures and such on the wall, please use picture hanging strips. Please do not use nails.
Can be purchased at Lowes or any hardware store.
Please exercise good hygenie if you/clients are coughing or sick please stay at home. We want to prevent the spread of this to other tenants and their customers.
I will be placing lysol/wipes for use in the common areas of building 4171 Lomac St. See CDC recommended guidelines below:
- Perform routine environmental cleaning:
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the label.
- No additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning is recommended at this time.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down by employees before each use.
- Advise employees before traveling to take certain steps:
- Check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Noticesfor the latest guidance and recommendations for each country to which you will travel. Specific travel information for travelers going to and returning from China, and information for aircrew, can be found at on the CDC website.
- Advise employees to check themselves for symptoms of acute respiratory illnessbefore starting travel and notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick.
- Ensure employees who become sick while traveling or on temporary assignment understand that they should notify their supervisor and should promptly call a healthcare provider for advice if needed.
- If outside the United States, sick employees should follow your company’s policy for obtaining medical care or contact a healthcare provider or overseas medical assistance company to assist them with finding an appropriate healthcare provider in that country. A U.S. consular officer can help locate healthcare services. However, U.S. embassies, consulates, and military facilities do not have the legal authority, capability, and resources to evacuate or give medicines, vaccines, or medical care to private U.S. citizens overseas.
Link – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fspecific-groups%2Fguidance-business-response.html
HOW-TO on access doors (Suite D/E and Suite B)
I’ve completed installing smart locks in building 4171 Lomac St. This HOW-TO will guide you through accessing the main door without a key. I will be emailing shortly an individual access code per tenant. Please do not share codes with other tenants or customers. Reason to moving to this technology is to reduce management of keys and quicker, secure access into the facility.